HYB: successes

About half of the 25 seeds from DG13: (DUSKY CHALLENGER x GRAPE ICE) X
the "real" BLACK ANDROMEDA (see archived photos and discussion) have
germinated.  Robust looking so far.  A cheering sight.

I dont' know how it is in the rest of the world, but most "black" irises
don't thrive here, and those that thrive have mostly been stubbornly

Keeping my fingers crossed for something pretty <and> fertile!

Also seeing more germination from several batches of RENOWN seeds after
a second winter.  Very poor germination last winter, in spite of
burritos and indoor/outdoor rotations.  Most that germinated  didn't
survive - here's hoping this second batch will be a little stronger.

It dropped to about 20oF last night - I didn't provide any extra cover
for the outdoor pots.  Most had only been outdoors for about 2 months or
were recently put out for their first post-burrito chilling.  We shall
see how they do....
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8