Re: Iris Fairies - & Perils of designing/interpreting surveys!

In a message dated 2/7/2006 9:17:01 A.M. Central Standard Time,
jbruce1@cinci.rr.com writes:

<<a regional show (does that exist?)>>
Can only speak for my region.  Although there may be others, I can  only
recall one being given in my region.  It was an early show and worked  in
conjunction with the judge's training that was being given in medians.
More common is the regional garden tour each spring.

My  apologies to you, Betty.>>
Accepted!  No problem!  <vbg>

<< have been in my limited experience. Perhaps I need  to get
out to more shows and see how it is done.>>
John, I'm sorry you had such a negative experience.  It can be  difficult to
break into showing!  Members usually don't mean to be rude or  ignore anyone.
They are very busy the morning of a show. If you're  new at showing irises,
it difficult to show up with iris in hand at 10:00 AM in  the prep room.   We
offer training sessions a week or so earlier, but  people rarely come to the
In defense of clubs, most are friendly to the viewing audience.  Our  show
has a "greeting table" where forms for joining the local club and AIS are
available.  Our members "work" the show (and crowd) to answer any and all
questions.  And ours is a small club.

<<I was informed after winning that I had won prizes, only to  have that
rescinded because I was not an AIS member at the time or a member of  the host
club. I was not offered the oppurtunity to join either.  >>
 That is unfortunate.  Our club states in the schedule that it is  open to
all growers.

<< internal strife and lack of more than 5 people who would  do any of the
necessary work to sustain events>>
This will hurt any club.

John  Bruce

Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: