Re: Another bearded X Iris tectorum seedling

thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com> wrote:
  I've just potted up a seedling from it's "burrito"
  So, to encourage my fellow adventurous hybridizers...
in addition to 'Paltec' (a bearded X tectorum bred by
Denis in the 1920's), I've got the following irises
growing from my own crosses:

1) 'Flying Dragon' my registered SPEC-X from an
unknown combination of bearded with Iris tectorum.
2) A vigorous seedling (from 2004 cross) with
purple-pigmented leaf bases (especially where they
encircle the rhizome) from Iris tectorum alba X (white
Iris pallida KUPARI X Iris variegata)
3) A smaller seedling (from 2004 cross) from (Iris
cengialtii X white pallida KUPARI) X Iris tectorum.
4) Another seedling just germinated (from 2005 cross)
of (Iris cengialtii X white pallida KUPARI) X Iris

That makes five hybrids altogether. So, it's not as
hopeless as it might have seemed from all of my
initial fruitless crosses.
  Congratulations, Tom.
  How soon do y9ou think you'll be offering any of them?