Re: RE: Educational Displays

In a message dated 2/7/06 6:03:24 PM Eastern Standard Time, ciop2606@msn.com
writes:

> Artistic arrangements also catch the eye of the
> public and good placement of that part of the show can draw a crowd.   I
> think that encouraging educational displays is a good idea but be sure and
> ask the members of the club before a show how much area a display may need.
>
> Keeps the show day less of a hectic moment for the show chairman.

Hi Carol,

I certainly agree with your comments.  The North East Ohio and Akron Area
Iris Societies always provide for Commercial and Education Exhibits.  We don't
always have entries in these categories but often do.  Arrangements are a very
popular part of our shows.  Many of the members who don't grow a great number
of irises get stalks from members who have extras to make arrangements and
there is quite lively competition.  The arrangements bring a lot of attention from
visitors to the shows.  We have show schedules available a month or two
before the shows and give instructions at a meeting on how to enter and how to
complete the entry tags.  Tony and I enter the most stalks in the shows and have
to have a bunch of tags prepared beforehand with our address stickers.  We
would never get them done if we waited until the stalks were cut to put on our
name and address.

Dorothy Willott