HYB: SDB: germination/humor

Last spring, I showed my sister how to hybridize.  SDBs were blooming,
so that's what she used.  No takes, but a bee pod formed on one of the
parents she chose (NEGRA MODELO), so I saved the seeds and sent them to
her.

She forgot all the instructions about planting.  Sometime last fall, she
planted them in a pot indoors, in an unheated bedroom, in Georgia!  No
soaking, no burrio-ing, no refrigerator chilling, not even letting
nature take its course outdoors.

So far, one seed has germinated - I think there were about 20 seeds in
the pod.

Go figure - irises can be <so> contrary!

It probably thought it was in California and that was all the cold it
would get...

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8