Re: Bulletin changes

In a message dated 2/10/2006 8:50:42 P.M. Central Standard Time,
flatnflashy@yahoo.com writes:

<<Anyway, I suppose getting the business stuff on cheaper paper  is all fine
and good, but if you're bleeding memberships.... well, the perks  gotta be
worth the dues.>>
Golly, I wasn't going to take time to chime in on this but . . . there are
many reasons why people are members of AIS.  Just as there are many reasons
why people grow irises.  All of these needs have to be addressed in the one
publication.  What is boring to one is delightful to another.

Here are my reasons:
I've been an AIS member since 1985 with no breaks in membership.  But  there
are several years worth of Bulletins setting on the shelf that I've not  read.
 Some are pristine, right off the press, while others are tagged,  creased
and dog eared.  This represents different phases of my life during  the past 20
years.

I would have let my membership expire at times if not for the  Bulletin.  I
see it as research material!  <vbg>  Of the  ones I've read, some issues are of
relatively small value to me while  others contain gold.

The membership continues, in part, because I am a judge.   I became a judge
because I am a hybridizer, and to give back to the  iris community.  These are
the same reasons I clerked at iris shows.  Artist know thy craft . . . sorta!

But my interests don't reflect those of many in the society.

If it would be cheaper and free up pages for more articles?  I vote to  put
the business stuff on less expensive paper.

Don't forget to email Bruce with your opinion.  Writing here isn't  enough!

Betty W. in South-central  KY Zone 6 ---born and raised on a farm in rural
AR.
Bridge In Time  Iris Garden@website: