CULT: Murphey's and Borer

In a message dated 2/11/2006 10:05:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Autmirislvr@aol.com writes:

1/2 cup  of Murphy's Oil Soap to 1 gallon water.

Weekly sprayings  commencing prior to the appearance of the first borers and
continued  through bloom season.  Reapply after rain.  Use in  conjunction
with
good cleanup.

Thought I'd pass this along!

Actually l, remebered \ this last week when I was swabbing the  floors around
here. This was alsom mentioned on the list.

Did anyone ever try this? I recently heard one of the horticultuists--and
she actually is a pro--at the local greenhouse recommend a dilute Murphey's
solution to a woman who had cooties on some houseplant. I'm still asking if
anyone hass ever tried a light dormant oil on the irises for borer, which  amounts
to the same thing, I guess. Or does it? Is it the soap part of  Murphey's
which is doing the deed, if the deed is being done, or is it  the oil residue, or
is it both?

Cordially,

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA USDA Z7