To: <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 11:13 AM
Subject: Re: [iris] CULT: Murphey's and Borer

If it is the oil that kills the borers (I imagine by suffocating them) then perhaps a good solution (no pun intended) would be SunSpray Ultra-Fine Oil. It is an ultra refined parafinc oil. I use it here in California to control Whitefly. Pests don't develop an immunity to it because of the way it works. Non-toxic.

They don't list any borers o\r the like, but that just means they haven't tested it.