Re: CULT: Murphey's and Borer

 The Royal botanical Gardens in Burlington Ontario has a huge iris garden. They had tried dormant oil with good success. the oil coats egg (of young borer) and they can't breath through their skin, and die of suffoction. That is how dormant oil works. It is one method of borer control they I sugest in my talks to Hort societies. The hunt and squash also works well. But I recomend opening leaves to locate them as they may be protected inside the hole they hae eaten in inside leaf.  Even when using cygon I still need to do some cleanup using hunt and squash methods.
Chuck Chapman
Try the New Netscape Mail Today!