Re: AIS: Bulletins, Changes, Membership

I totally agree that there are many aspects of
belonging to a society. Friendship and communion are a
major part. But as I am sure many of you know who do
things in a club, results are important also. I have
tackled many projects and I have always found people
that wanted something to be done differently. Often
they were friends. Usually I found a way to adapt what
I was doing, so that the product of my labor reflected
both their interests and mine. But there have been
times when I have spent countless hours doing
something I didnt agree with, because the majority
wanted it differently. Working together, the communion
of the society, is often greatly rewarding and reason
in itself to belong. But each member likes to think
they can contribute, and if a local or national group
insists that it always will be done the same, they
stifle the interests of those that would like change.
If they  have developed friendships strong enough to
overcome their discontent they will stay, but if they
feel their input is meaningless they will leave.

The membership poll from the convention was summarized
in a bulletin article and the complete data was placed
on the website. The greater membership poll that ended
in January will be available prior to the convention.