Re: AIS: Bulletins, Changes, Membership

In a message dated 2/12/2006 7:28:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Autmirislvr@aol.com writes:

<<What do successful organizations do to make their members  feel included? >>

Encourage them to become more involved in the group they have  joined?
Ultimately, as I have suggested, it is the member who is in  charge of how the
member feels.

Members who approach the community solely as  consumers--purchasers of a
package of goods and services-- are not likely to  feel included because they are
not including themselves.

I'm not talking about you, Betty, I'm just thinking aloud about what  you are
asking.

<<And could we advertise the organization without seeming too  aggressive? >>

We could if we could afford it. But if you can't afford it you have to  issue
press releases that get published because they meet the needs of editor  folk
who need to find copy on an ongoing basis to keep their  own jobs.

Or that is the way it looks to me...

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA