Re: AIS: Bulletins, Changes, Membership

--- ChatOWhitehall@aol.com wrote:

> Members who approach the community solely as
> consumers--purchasers of a
> package of goods and services-- are not likely to
> feel included because they are
> not including themselves.
> I would suggest that new members are attracted by
the product first, If they make friends afterword
thats great. they are more likely to stay. I find few
people that join a national organization to make
friends. It may be the other way around for local
groups. I was a member of the national several years
before I joined a local group. If I want more friends
I would join the local Ladies garden Club. Many
members of local Iris clubs are not members of the
national. If all members of local clubs were members
of the national we would almost double in size. They
get their friendship on the local level and have
little need for the national.