Re: AIS:. Bulletin Articles

In a message dated 2/12/2006 3:07:09 P.M. Central Standard Time,
mgreenfield@cinci.rr.com writes:

1.  Article for beginners on how belonging can benefit them. Meeting other
iris  growers and sharing rhizomes. How to find the nearest iris club.  Assure
them they don't have to grow 800 iris to enjoy being a member. A new  member
could write such an article with their experience.

***Yes, I  agree.  As a matter of fact, we ran, fairly recently, an article
Rita Gormley on exactly that topic.  I'm not sure which issue, but  maybe Rita
will read this and can tell you exactly where it appeared.   Rita: If you're
reading this, I would love to have a newer, updated version  of your article,
perhaps addressing the above  suggestions....

The article was in January 2004 page 34 that I wrote specifically as RVP  for
members of the 17 Region 18 Affiliates but certainly applies to all AIS
Affiliate members.
Newer updated version...hmmm....how about October Bulletin as iris viewing
season will shortly, I hope!!!, start.  Hope to see many of you in Portland  or
at least you will see pics on iris-photos!

Rita  Gormley
Gormley Greenery
Cedar Hill, MO
AIS Region 18, Zone  5