Re: Bulletin changes

In a message dated 2/9/06 11:30:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, Tmilchh@aol.com
writes:

> I think that the idea of having a supplement  to the Bulletin with the AIS
> business in it is a good solution. A lot of  older members of AIS do not use
>
> computers and would not  have access to a web site, either, so they could
> not
> easily access the AIS  business articles if placed on a web site
> exclusively.

If you must cut back on some things that are considered "business" I guess I
would favor the supplement idea.  The North American Rock Garden Society does
this.  But please do not just put it on a web site.  More older people are
trying out computers, but there are still a lot who don't because of various
reasons such as cost, fear of technology or just think it is confusing,  My
husband won't touch my computers, although he wants me to keep up to date with them.
 Also, many of us keep AIS bulletins permanently so we can go back and look
up information indefinitely.  If lists of judges, for instance, were only on
the web, I would have to use my time and paper to print them out and find a
place to store them.

Dorothy Willott