AIS: Membeship

They way I understand it without joining AIS I can:

Go to any affiliated club meeting including local, Regional and National.
Enter any affiliated iris show.
Register and introduce an iris.
Purchase materials from AIS Store Front including R & Is
Win Awards
I can get judges training at a meeting just no credit for it
Access to the R & Is on line

What membership entitles me to:

The Bulletin and information it contains
I can become a judge

I would not become a judge because I am not willing to spend the time, money
or ground to do a proper job of it. If I were younger and had more land it
might interest me.

The Bulletin is nice but it needs to address the needs of more people. I
believe the board and committee members are working hard to address this need,
and I thank them. I would not to have their job.

I have been a gardener of some sort for many years and recently I have seen
more iris for sale. With the high prices of annuals more people are buying
perennials. Iris do not sell good. I have talked to people at nursery's and
they say they can only sell iris that are blooming. Most people will only buy
blooming plants of any kind. Most dry rhizomes don't hit the stores until it
is almost too late to plant.

In my opinion the Bulletin Should contain Advertisements, how to and
entertainment. A nice booklet with the business information might work. But
then some would miss seeing their name as winning a medal at a show etc. The
cost may prohibit this.

Lots of problems, very few solutions