2006 (as an example).
From: "Michael D. Greenfield"

Robert Pries sugested I send this to you from an e-mail to iris-talk I
sent.

Robert and others I think this is a great idea. I think the supplement would
be the best way.
One thing would be to have the Regional shows and even local shows listed.
Many people can not afford the National. Going to a local show near them would
give them a chance to meet other iris growers.

One very important thing AIS does not do is make it's existence known. I
could survey my whole city of 50,000+ and not find 25 people that would know
it exist. I have no idea of how to do it.

Membership dues in the AIS for someone who grows 10 different iris is not
worth while. I get more information on the internet than I can from AIS. Still
it serves a purpose for me. In my area I seldom see any iris growing except
for some historics in over grown clumps. There are no iris clubs in the
southern half of Ohio.

Mike Greenfield
Member AIS

From a more recent one: My choice to send

Articles we would like to see

Feel free to add to the list and when we get more we can forward it to Bruce
Filardi.

1. Article for beginners on how belonging can benefit them. Meeting other
iris growers and sharing rhizomes. How to find the nearest iris club. Assure
them they don't have to grow 800 iris to enjoy being a member. A new member
could write such an article with their experience.

2. Article on how it was in the old days. How hard it was to get new iris
and how much they cost.

3. Not all of us are writers. Could we arrange for someone to edit their
article for grammar. This might help some get over their fear of writing one.

4. I see many post for information on companion plants with very little
help. An article on this might be good.

Feel free to add more.

Mike Greenfield

Mike Greenfield