Re: AIS: Membeship

It occurs to me as I have read over this thread that perhaps we are going on a
rather circuitous route to find out why people do not renew.

I do not know how many new members we have each year. I also do not know how many
fail to renew. It can't be a huge amount...10% of gross membership new each year,
75% of those not renewing?  What would that be? 800 x 75% =600 people? I would
guess that at the extreme end of things, probably less. Why not ask THEM? We have
a survey that asks members different things that may begin to touch on the issues,
but they are not unhappy or disinterested enough to be a non-renewal. Those who
choose not to renew are the ones who can give exact reasons. We have their
addresses, can we come up with funds for postage to ask them? Give them a simple
survey...10 questions and a write-in blank. Maybe that would bring the issue into
focus. Some will not respond,  they are probably the ones  who would't renew
anyway. Those who do reply are probably the ones who would renew if it were more
to their taste.

Perhaps this has been suggested before? It seems a worthy endeavor.

John Bruce