Re: AIS: Bulletins, Changes, Membership

In a message dated 2/12/06 12:30:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rpries@sbcglobal.net writes:

> Many
> members of local Iris clubs are not members of the
> national. If all members of local clubs were members
> of the national we would almost double in size. They
> get their friendship on the local level and have
> little need for the national.

Hi Bob,

I have found this to be true of most local clubs.  The only way we get some
local members to become AIS members is to elect them to offices.  Then they
must become AIS members for the club to remain an AIS affiliate.

Dorothy Willott