Re: AIS: membership: to iris-talk subscribers who are not AIS members

Ellen Gallagher <ellengalla@yahoo.com>
Curious as to what are the reasons iris-talk do not join AIS? (They either are iris growers or are interested in finding out more about irises.)

price of membership dues?

  That's it for me.  I'm on a tight budget and if I have this mmuch money to spend on iris, I spend it on the iris themselves.
  Back when I was married, we were members of AIS.  We enjoyed the bulletin.  I especially liked the articals on breeding.  But that was a long time ago, 20 years actually.
  I recognise the importance of what the AIS does.  The registration of iris, the publicity of iris, the shows (not put on directly by the AIS, I know), etc.  But I must face it, if it depended on people in my income bracket, it wouldn't exist, and the world would be poorer for it.
  Same way I am with Public Radio.  I love it, but I can't suport it.
  Walter