AIS membership - Bulletin

Good morning iris lovers:  I am waaaay behind in reading my e-mails and have
deleted many without reading and skimmed through many others.  I have not yet
received my January Bulletin but am assured my dues are paid through 2007 (I
always pay 3 years at a time).  I have very little spending money compared to
most Americans and am retired and on a fixed income but as long as I grow and
love iris I will belong to AIS.  I have been a member for over 20 years and
have bulletins (willed to me by a friend) going back another 15 years.  I don't
believe I have ever read a single business report so a seperate report sounds
like an excellent idea to me.
One reason to belong to AIS which may have already been mentioned is to have
enough AIS members in my club to put on an accredited iris show.  I always
take iris to shows even though it is about as thrilling to me as a near miss on
the interstate by an 18 wheeler.  I also do this to support my club.  I don't
care for showing because it always brings out a competitive part of my nature
that I consider a defect and deal with it mostly by not competing.  I grow and
love iris for the zen of it I suppose.
Barbara Null
Tyler, TX  zone 7b/8a