HYB:How did they do that

In  another post, Mary Lou asks about irises passing on their ability to prol
ong  bloom season, or slowly release their buds for a longer sequential bloom.
  I had the same experience with Immortality last year.

Mary  Lou mentioned Rosalie Figge, the iris.  With recent reports of rebloom,
 I've wondered . . ."How can it do that?"  Parents: Titan's Glory x Violet
Miracle.

Titan's  Glory isn't even IN the 1995 checklist (but I'd heard years ago that
it  rebloomed SOMEWHERE).  TG is either a carrier or a very sporadic
rebloomer,  at best.  Yet, RF is reported to rebloom as well if not better than Violet
 Miracle!

Initially  this surprised me because VM didn't rebloom well for me until I
moved out  here.  But I see it reblooms further north . . .so I shouldn't be
surprised.  And it's reblooming well in established clumps here.

Perhaps  a better example is Bill Grise's "UNBELIEVABLE LOVE."  (Carriage
Trade x  Silkwood).  Not even a carrier in CT (Mill Race x Bosky Dell)?
Silkwood?  It has one ancestor that is a known carrier . . . Touche!   Yet, UL has
rebloomed in at least three KY gardens (one is mine) and one TN  garden.
(That's without looking at paperwork)

How  did they do that????

Monty  Byers said this about rebloom:  "I  have believed right from the start
that iris that have the ability to rebloom or  even release out of season
stalks can throw a much stronger will to rebloom than  they themselves possess."

I  agree with Monty, but I have a question.

So  why doesn't everything rebloom???

Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: