Re: RE: CULT: Survivors in the Vale

In a message dated 2/20/2006 9:30:13 A.M. Central Standard Time,
MryL1@msn.com writes:

<<I put a red S (survivor) next to my potential breeders.   Will be one more
thing to consider come daubing  time.>>
I've made notes of a few non-reblooming irises to include this year.   They
are irises that have not only survived but are growing well.  Orange  Impact
and Lion's Share are a couple of the varieties that are growing and  looking
well.  Of course, it's hard to tell where rebloom lurks!  One  parent of Lion's
Share (my least likely) is MOON'S DELIGHT.  It's in the  1998 checklist!
<sigh>  MD's (Beverly Sills X (Ice Sculpture x  Liz).  So, who knows what I'd get??
But a caution note for me . . . what grows well here may not do well down
the road.  From 1986-1998 I grew irises in a garden that is just under  7 miles
from where I live now.  Hindenburg grew poorly there but well  here.  Dusky
Challenger grew well there but poorly here!  Ruffled  Ballet wouldn't grow there
at all, but it's children seem okay here.  I  have RB again and we'll see how
it looks in the spring.

Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: