Re: OT: Whooping Cranes etc

For updates, check out the Operation Migration field journal.

<http://www.operationmigration.org/Field_Journal.html>

This year's 'class' of babies seemed to take forever to get to
Florida following their 'mama' aircraft.  Hearing that all but one of
them died was just too much, especially following so soon behind
Barbaro.

My computer died in sympathy :-(.  Replacement is now waiting for me
to install software and get back online.

<I know that some of you are very interested in the whooping cranes
that,
I think, Linda Mann mentions from time to time. I just ran across a
sad
story about this year's bunch at:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070205-cranes-killed.h
tm

17 of 18 birds were lost in the storms that whipped across Florida
last
week. So sad.

\\Steve// >

Webmail Provided by Lock-Net Internet Services: www.lock-net.com