Good morning, Iris Friends,
Well, I came up with something new.  For me anyway!
We've talked about several different methods for starting iris seed.   My way
has always been to start them in pots, filling the pots in late fall or
early winter, soaking the pots for 5 days, and leaving them outside with  various
levels of cover until mother nature decides to sprout them in the  spring.
This has worked for me.  I've read other methods but not  tried any of them.
Wet seed crack easier than dry seed.  But . . . Is it necessary to  soak the
seed BEFORE the chilling process?  Could one have any measure of  success by
chilling first and then soaking?
Has anyone tried this method???
1)  Fill pots with soil in the fall.  (to allow settling of soil)
2)  Store seed in an outdoor shed to experience the freeze and thaw  cycle.
3)  Plant in spring.  (March in my area)
4)  Soak pots containing seed every day for a week or so.
I think I've talked myself out of trying it!

Betty W.  in South-central KY Zone 6 ---If you don't cross them, you can't
plant them!
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Where the seeds are in the pots once  again!