Re: OT: Cut flowers for cemetery

In a message dated 2/12/2007 3:56:24 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gschubert@earthlink.net writes:

Thanks  to you all offering some ideas.  Doesn't solve my problem like
now,  but gives me some ideas to play with going forward.

For those of you  wondering what happens to a bloom with a high water
content hits a 20  degree night, the result is indeed frozen
mush.  Unless I have a  bountiful supply waiting to be cut, I'll let
it bloom in the house from  now on.  Live and learn.

Have you thought about using Iris plastica or Iris  silkiana?
Cheers, Clarence Mahan