Re: HYB:Germination

In a message dated 2/12/2007 3:11:10 P.M. Central Standard Time,
pharcher@mindspring.com writes:

<<So, to answer your question, yes, the seed of Beardeds Iris  must imbibe
water and swell (not necessarily soaked)  for the germination  process and
reduction of germination inhibitors to occur... in general...until  further
Paul, I guess I wasn't very clear.  I know that water is  necessary.  My
question was "could the wetting come at the end of the  process rather than the
beginning?"  But I think I answered my own question  before I hit the send
button.  Still, we're always experimenting and I  thought it was worth talking
Just looking for alternative processes . . . since life doesn't always go  as

Betty W.  in South-central KY Zone 6 ---If you don't cross them, you can't
plant them!
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Where the seeds are in the pots once  again!