Re: HYB:Germination

Yes, I would totally agree that if you are not prepared to deal with searching for and planting sprouts over the winter then you shouldn't.

It is simply an easy way to speed up the process and perhaps get flowering the the next Spring.  It also makes the seed easily available for forced germination methods.

But everyone should do what works best for them.  Maybe try other methods that are shown to work as a side effort and see for yourself.

Paul Archer
Raleigh, NC  Zone 7