Re: HYB:Germination

In a message dated 2/13/2007 9:42:23 A.M. Central Standard Time,
pharcher@mindspring.com writes:

<<It is simply an easy way to speed up the process and perhaps  get flowering
the the next Spring.>>
I see my way as easy!!  To me, all the messing around in the frig and
watching seeds in the middle of winter would be hard.  <vbg>   Guess I just need
winter to recover and plan!

I tried potting seeds inside one year and it was a royal mess, even with
papers to cover everything!  Back when I had more space, outdoor  cats, and a
green house (sorta) it wasn't such a problem.  Oh!  I  was younger back then too!

I get a good percent of first year blooms when I finish my planting by the
end of TB bloom season.  For me this is the end of May.  In 2005 some  of my
seedlings weren't set until mid-June, and I didn't expect good bloom on  these
in the spring of 2006.  I was pleased to see I was wrong.  I've  planted during
a cool spell in early July and didn't get first spring  bloom.  Maybe it
depends on the year?  Or the soaker hoses??

I realize this won't work in colder zones.

Anyone else  conducting experiments??

Betty W.  in South-central KY Zone 6 ---If you don't cross them, you can't
plant them!
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Where the seeds are in the pots once  again!