HYB: CULT: pushing seedlings

Betty, others, could you say a little more about exactly what you do to push your seedlings along to maximum growth?

How often/what type of fertilization, water regime, shade, mulch, types of soaker hoses, placement of them, how big the transplants are etc?

I know you've talked about all this before, but I'm still a little hazy on the details. I think you've mentioned not working with late bloomers, & with their later germination, that makes it harder to get them outdoors early in the season.

Not sure how much of what you do to push your babies would work for me, but I am sure there are a lot of things I could be doing differently to improve growth rate, either before or after they get in the garden.