Re: Re: HYB: Germination

Fro me the two crosses that germinated early at 6 and 8 weeks for me were not late bloomers but early rebloomers and those that bloom at normal times (Halston, Rose Princess and a Frank Adams seedling and various seedlings).  and they germinated readily in the refrigerator at 33-35 F.

How that fits into the picture would be hard to say without a serious study of it and many more observations.

I hadn't observed the difficulty of/late germination of late blooming seedlings, but I hadn't been paying attention either.  But then again I don't grow that many late bloomers that I can recall.

I was referencing Immortality and early gemination of it's seedlings because someone else had posted that as I can recall.  I could be wrong.  I remember one of the parents of those Immortality crosses was Celebration Song.  So maybe that parent contributes early germination to its seedlings and not Immortality.