Re: Re: HYB: Germination

Well, maybe I'm confusing various postings and confusing some info.

Actually, I wasn't dintiguishing between the two types, but I would consider those that germinate before 12 weeks vernalization easier, relatively.  However, as it seems right now those batches of seed that do germinate earlier still have seeds among them that germinate around the normal time, or not at all, without extra effort.  The reason has yet to be determined, but I'm guessing early germination is a genetic trait and probably a separate trait from the very late germinators which might involve some other factor(s).

I would be perfectly happy if all the seeds just germinated at 12 weeks vernalization.  That would be easy!

Paul Archer
Raleigh, NC  Zone 7