 From: iris-owner@hort.net
 To: iris-digest@hort.net
 Sent: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:45 PM
 Subject: [iris] iris DIGEST V1 #178
iris DIGEST        Thursday, February 15 2007        Volume 01 : Number 178

In this issue:

        Re: [iris] Re: HYB: Germination

Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:38:13 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
From: pharcher@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: [iris] Re: HYB: Germination

Well, maybe I'm confusing various postings and confusing some info.

Actually, I wasn't dintiguishing between the two types, but I would consider
those that germinate before 12 weeks vernalization easier, relatively.  However,
as it seems right now those batches of seed that do germinate earlier still have
seeds among them that germinate around the normal time, or not at all, without
extra effort.  The reason has yet to be determined, but I'm guessing early
germination is a genetic trait and probably a separate trait from the very late
germinators which might involve some other factor(s).

I would be perfectly happy if all the seeds just germinated at 12 weeks
vernalization.  That would be easy!

Paul Archer
Raleigh, NC  Zone 7

>Reading your mind here, but maybe you were thinking ease of >germination meant
less chilling requirement?

End of iris DIGEST V1 #178