Re: HYB:Germination:Observations:Temperature and time

Note that I'm not trying to be argumentative, but as you noted the germination stops around the first week of April.  Might this also coincide with the night temperature not consitently getting down to 40 F or below?  Not being cold enough for proper cycling would cause the ones that prefer (or need genetically) to be cycled futher to stop.  This may also explain why some seeds germinate in the Fall as the temperatures drop.  They just needed a little more cycling not supplied by the previous April's weather. If you noted when the Fall germinants started it might give a clue as to whether the seeds germinated because of continued temperature cycling or day length.  If they germinated before the temperature dropped below 40 then it might very well be a daylength factor.

Paul Archer
Raleigh, NC  Zone 7