HYB: Seeds, germination

Good morning iris lovers:  If I am not mistaken, DEBBIE RAIRDON,  one of my
favorite oldies, was the result of a single germinated seed.
I planted 5 batches of seed on Thanksgiving weekend: ELECTRIC SURGE, BRAVE
FACE, HELEN COLLINGWOOD, various ELECTRIC SURGE seedlings and misc.  I see no
signs of germination in BRAVE FACE and HELEN C boxes but the other three have
good germination.  I plant in styro boxes (with drainage holes of course) in
loose soil.  When I remove the seedlings, usually after iris bloom, I use a
pickle or lobster fork to tease the seedlings from their germination box and plant.
 Actually I use this method with all sorts of seeds, annual and perennial
alike.  Sometimes I keep the boxes another year and sometimes I dump the contents
into my potting soil barrell.  This spring I had several PCI germinate in my
greenhouse in a potted brugsmansia, leftovers I am sure from some past
endeavor.  I also have a box of Joe Ghio PCI seed and a separate box of my own PCI
seed which are germinating nicely.  I transplanted 100 three gallon pots of iris
seedlings in my neighbors yard last week.  I have to stop this.  I have
several hundred iris seedlings and 1000 daylily seedlings planted about a mile away
on another friends property, some of which will bloom this spring.
Barbara Null
Tyler, TX  zone 7b/8a