Re: HYB:Germination:oxygen

In a message dated 2/19/2007 12:52:10 P.M. Central Standard Time,
jijones@usjoneses.com writes:

<<Still interesting to investigate.>>
Will we find that a consistent group of characteristics piggyback the gene
for delayed germination?  Or will it be random with each roll of the  die?
In a cross with strong rebloom, I found different rebloom characteristics  in
the 1st and 2nd year's germination!  Will this be consistent in these  irises
as the years pass?  Will this pattern repeat in other strong rebloom
Both crosses I reviewed produced July bloom on SOME second year  germinates.
If this is a stable characteristic, it could be important, at  least to me.

Betty W.  in South-central KY Zone 6 ---If you don't cross them, you can't
plant them!
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Where the seeds are in the pots once  again!