Re: HYB:Germination:Removing Inhibitors:Urban Legend??

In a message dated 2/20/2007 10:12:29 A.M. Central Standard Time,
jijones@usjoneses.com writes:

<<Anecdotal evidence to be sure, but based on her years of  experience.>>

I did hear this from more than one person.  Originally I read it in  some
gardening magazine.  Large amounts of  anecdotal evidence should  carry some
weight.

It won't be truly controlled or scientific but I think I'll run some tests
this fall.  I've several crosses planned that should provide 100+  seed.  This
would give me 4 pots using the 8.5 mum pots I use.  I  usually count the seed
as they go into the pots.

Technically, each seed is different, so it can't be totally controlled,  but
I think this is as close as I can get.   I know of no way to  sprout a seed
twice!

(I did find out where the 2005 twin is planted.  It's in my  notes.)

Betty W.  in South-central KY Zone 6 ---If you don't cross them, you can't
plant them!
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Where the seeds are in the pots once  again!

<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Check out free AOL at
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp.  Most comprehensive set of free
safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the
web, free AOL Mail and much more.