Re: HYB: CULT: Forcing iris

Has anyone tried to force iris to bloom early in pots??  If so how did you do it and was it successful?
  Thank  you for any in put you may have
  Birdie
  Western Colorado

I'm trying it now with some seedlings. Three are seedlings that I dug to bring indoors to the sun porch to "re"bloom this winter, two are seedlings that I think will be big enough to bloom this spring, if they get some winter growth. They were still in pots from last year. Will let you know how it goes. They are getting longer daylength than outdoors - I think I have the timer for the lights set for 13 hrs.

As if juggling all these pots of seeds weren't enough....