Re: HYB: germination, temperature

Chuck, when you say 'ungerminated', I'm assuming you mean seeds that did not germinate earlier that year, rather than fresh seed from that summer?

Interesting - the only time any TB seeds have germinated in the fridge here was after 5 months. I wonder if it takes longer without temperature cycling up and down.

Have the pot contents dried or have they been kept moist until put into the fridge? What are the usual temperatures they have experienced between spring and the time they go into the fridge?

Each year I place my ungerminated  pots of seeds into the fridge,in about June, at normal fridge

?temperature. A fridge  kept in the barn. Each year I get seeds germinating near the

?end of their fourth month in there, with no change of temperature.

Chuck Chapman