Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 05:37:39 -0500
From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>

Subject: [iris] Re:  HYB: germination, temperature

Chuck, when you say 'ungerminated', I'm assuming you mean seeds that did

not germinate earlier that year, rather than fresh seed from that summer?

Interesting - the only time any TB seeds have germinated in the fridge

here was after 5 months.  I wonder if it takes longer without

temperature cycling up and down.

Have the pot contents dried or have they been kept moist until put into

the fridge?  What are the usual temperatures they have experienced

between spring and the time they go into the fridge?

> Each year I place my ungerminated  pots of seeds into the fridge,in about

June, at normal fridge

> ?temperature. A fridge  kept in the barn. Each year I get seeds germinating

near the