Re: HYB:Seedlings: "Failure to grow"

Betty wrote:

"There is one [weak seedling] in the VANISHING ACT X NIGHT GAME  planting.
Extra  visible due
to the exuberance of it's  siblings.  I will check it later  today and see if
it is still  there.  I've not noticed any of these taking  off after the
first
year, but in the future I'll mark any that show this  characteristic  for
future
study or observation."

I cannot thank you adequately, Betty, for the above cited comment which
brought a wide grin to my face and more than a little laughter. I know you were
not trying for humor, but my twisted mind went into high gear. If ever
seedlings  were going to disappear they surely would be those with a pod parent named
'Vanishing Act' and a pollen parent named 'Night Game.'  If there is a
seedling from the cross worthy of introduction it surely should be named
'Cheshire's Grin.' With apologies to Lewis Carroll and the Cheshire Cat's  "vanishing
act."  Clarence M. in northern  VA.

http://www.aol.com.