Re: Re :HYB;Maternal Effect

Paul Archer wrote:
" We do know that some Iris don't bloom well if at all until they get more
established.   Generally this would apply to rhizomes from other  climates, but
why shouldn't this apply to seedlings as well? "
One such iris that needs to be established before first bloom is the great
'Immortality.'  It suffered slings and arrows of critics for not blooming
shortly after L. Zurbrigg introduced it at the price of $100. Lloyd, Monte  Byers
and I used to defend it against the critics. We told them to just  give it a
little time and you will be rewarded.  Clarence in northern  Virginia.