  From: Linda Mann
  To: iris@hort.net
  Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 3:05 PM
  Subject: [iris] Re: HYB: registered rebloomers

  Loic, maybe that's just year to year variability?  The average is still
  around 40 per year, a slightly higher rate compared to the 1990s and
  much higher than previous decades.

  Some hybridizers <hate> rebloomers, because it makes digging and
  shipping more complicated.  So maybe around 4 percent is as high as it
  will go?

  Maybe I'd better register and introduce all my less than perfect
  rebloomers to bump the numbers up <g>

  Using the online checklist, searching for <&re AND R. 199> etc
  2000s - 328 of 7711 (using your numbers, Loic)
  1990s - 360 of 8600
  1980s - 271 of 6881
  1970s - 154 of 6165
  1960s -  93 of 6235