  From: ChatOWhitehall@aol.com
  To: iris@hort.net
  Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 4:15 PM
  Subject: [iris] Re: HYB: registered rebloomers

  In a message dated 2/5/2008 9:07:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
  lmann@lock-net.com writes:

  Loic,  maybe that's just year to year variability?

  And was there not some noise at one point about urging  more circumspection
  generally in denominating cultivars as  "rebloomers" so that the rail may,
  perhaps, now be perceived to  be somewhat higher than previously, viz a viz
  normative expectations  ...or am I misremembering?

  After all, one understands that gains are being made, and it  follows that
  the standard within the category must also be  evolving. Perhaps because, to
  discriminating, some newer  rebloomers are better rebloomers, fewer lesser
  cultivars are perceived  to be worthy of introduction, so that whereas the
  quantities of  introductions are  more or less static, the overall quality
of the
  introductions is higher.

  Anner Whitehead
  Richmond VA USA USDA