From: loic tasquier <tasquierloic@cs.com>
To: iris@hort.net
Sent: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 4:59 am
Subject: [iris] Fw: Hyb Registered Rebloomers

Bad news for the Rebloomers and for their Fans...

Each year i go through the Registrations of the year, and count the irises
registered as Rebloomers...
Here is the table with the results:  year reblomers total
      2001 55 964
      2002 54 1051
      2003 52 1031
      2004 46 1052
      2005 43 1268
      2006 39 1152
      2007 39 1193

The more irises that are registered, the less rebloomers there seems to be
among them.
 I find these figures quite depressing...

Unless breeders are so impatient to register them they don't take enough time
to wait for proof of rebloom,  or maybe they just don't bother signal it:
there are many irises that have good rebloom potential considering the
parents, and might be rebloomers finally....one can hope...!

There is also the fact that a great number of irises come from cold climates
now, and might not have a chance to rebloom there.
They might show rebloom with warmer and longer Autumns.......one can
dream...!

Voil`, food for thought, and maybe an incentive for all daubers, to have a go,
and give a chance to some RE X RE crosses....one can dream and hope !

Loic

Loic TASQUIER
who, like Betty, could die (or kill...)  for a repeat, cycle & everblooming /
continuous / non-daylight dependant  rebloomer!
     zone 7 - Nederland
 Email : tasquierloic@cs.com