AIS: REF: The World of Irises?

In a message dated 2/5/2008 2:08:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
autmirislvr@aol.com writes:

<<One page taken mainly from?The World of Irises.??It sounds a  bit
discouraging when I read it, but I hate for people to get discouraged when  they could
have a good experience!?

Speaking of *The World of Irises,* has AIS any plans  to develop and publish
a current, comprehensive, reference  volume along this line any time soon?
There was such a project at one time, but it was set aside because-- it  was
said-- there were several new books on the subject so  demand would be too
low. I thought that logic flawed at the time,  but perhaps there was more to the
story than one heard.
The books that are out there now do not come close to doing what  needs to be
done, when they are not downright unreliable. This gets to be  a real problem
when one is trying to effect a little public  education.
And kindly don't mention *Basic Iris Culture* to me. That thing  is too basic
even for my cat.
Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA