Re: HYB:Rebloomers

Good afternoon, John and all.

I like the way Chuck Chapman refers to rebloomers. In his on-line catalogue he indicates that a certain variety reblooms for him in his area and also indicates if he has had reports of rebloom from any other areas. Very few rebloom in Zone 2b (prairies in Canada) but there are some, mostly of Chuck's hybridizing efforts. His SDBs Forever Blue, Autumn Embers and Blueberry Tart rebloom reliably in Manitoba as well as Alberta but it doesn't occur every year for everyone. I, myself, have only every had one rebloom in all my years of iris growing and that was Blueberry Tart in 2005. When I do my iris presentations I always make the point of telling people that no matter what it says on the tag, most iris will NOT rebloom in our area.

BJ in SW MB, Canadian Prairies, Zone 2b (USDA 3) ish