Re: AIS: REF: The World of Irises?

In a message dated 2/5/2008 3:33:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Maureen.Mark@fin.gc.ca writes:

<<Another major publication will be for the AIS Centennial.   Any volunteers?

Could you mean me? Why, thank you, that is very flattering;  however, I have
learned through experience not to volunteer for any AIS  project until I can
determine precisely for what it is I am  volunteering. I allowed myself in past
to be charmed and schmoozed into  some completely untenable positions, you
see. Besides which, as I am sure you  are aware, people's approach to these
sorts of things differs, as do  their personal standards, and their ideas of what
nice  is.
Once you get some sort of detailed prospectus pulled together  on the
project, I'll certainly be available to take a look at it  and to give some thought
to whether I am able to make  a worthwhile contribution, assuming I am still
alive, of course, after all, I  am 57. Meanwhile, I have promised John a third
riveting little scrap for  the AIS webpage on the origins of the AIS Seal(s).
I wish to reiterate that, in my opinion, the need for  a comprehensive and
authoritative general interest publication is  immediate, and pressing.
Anner Whitehead