Re: OT:After the storm

  We're apparently unscathed here at home.  I'm only 15 miles from the Hardin County tornado path.  It's really bad down there. I drove through yesterday, and was completely oblivious until then.
  I noticed an odd piece of metal along the road here... a little further along another. Then I passed a field where the bits of metal roofing were scattered as if they were really hay bales waiting to be picked up.
  A little further on, I got near the school that was damaged and I started to see pink gobs of insulation stuck on trees, and signs, and electric poles.  It was as if extraterrestrial spores had landed on familiar ground and grown into massive colonies of fuzzy moss.
  Then, on the main highway into town just a half mile or so from the school, only inbound traffic was allowed.  An electric wire crossed perpendicular to the highway at just that point, and all of the poles that could be seen going away from the road were laid over at 30*-45* angle.  The wire, although unbroken as far as I could see, laid so low over the outbound lanes that only a sub-compact car could have skirted under them, if it dared.  The wire was low on the inbound side too... no 18 wheelers could have passed.  It took them until sometime after 5pm to open that road again.
  I heard a rumor that there were some metal telephone poles snapped off at just above the ground, but I didn't see those.  I saw an animal laying on a bridge, which looked like roadkill pet of some kind, and I couldn't remember if it had been there the day before.  It had definitely at least been stirred.
  All that practically under the path of that sandhill crane I saw the other week.

autmirislvr@aol.com wrote:
  Is everyone okay?? It's been a bad 24 hours for storms and tornadoes.?

Betty W./South Central KY/zone 6