Re: CULT: growing Lunar Whitewash

I was having problems with it rotting a few months after planting.  It would grow and then in the middle of the Summer just die.  I am changing it's location to one with a looser soil and hence better drainage in a different part of the garden that I have amended for the seedling crop.  I was told to apply a few drops of antibacterial soap right on the soil and water it in around the plant.  This apparently is supposed to kill the bacterial rot some of the more succeptible varieties are prone to.  Once it is established I'm told it should be fine.  I'm sure a preventative application on occaision might be beneficial as well for maintenance.