Re: CULT: root rot growing Lunar Whitewash

Watering when temperatures are over 90 degrees promotes root rot. I water in
the summer at night when it is cooler, and I remove dead leaves regularly to
expose the tops of the rhizomes and the area around the crown to air. This has
reduced my losses to rot (both bacterial and fungal) from over 30% on previous
summers to less than 2% this last summer. I have about 1/2 acre of iris, so I
focus on the plants that cost me the most money, and spend less time grooming
the others.

Alex Stanton,

Region 15, zone 9
San Diego County, Southern Calif.
Make nail fungus a thing of the past by clicking here now!